3.14.2008

Yesterday...

...I was so crazy busy that today I could barely do anything of worth.

5:00 am - Alarm goes off - snooze once - shower
5:45 am - Leave for doctor's appointment in Dallas with my rheumatologist
6:30 am - Arrive for 7 am appointment (they request you get there early...)
7:00 am - Lab work
8:00 am - Actually meet with the Doctor. He says he'll start to taper down the prednisone next month but then increased the dosage of Azulfidine to 2000 mg/day. Blood work looked just fine.
9:15 am - Back in Arlington - went to Dollar Tree sans children for a few Easter basket goodies
10:00 am - Pick up Jordyn from my Visiting Teacher's house. Her daughter was having a difficult time sharing with Jordyn and cried a lot while she was there but then cried again when we had to leave... The joys of 4-year-olds...
10:10 am - Arrive 10 minutes late to Visit Teach Gwenette - at least Sandee, my companion & good friend, was on time
11:00 am - Buy Jordyn a Happy Meal - she eats approximately half - this drives me crazy...
11:15 am - Drop Jordyn off at Robin's so I can go to RS Lunch Bunch at Kincaid's Burgers
11:30 am - Aforementioned Lunch Bunch with 6 others. A junior burger is PLENTY... and Yummy!
1:00 pm - Pick up Jordyn and head home - try unsuccessfully to get her to nap
3:20 pm - Cara comes home - no homework - phew!
5:00 pm - Go to Cici's school fundraiser pizza night
6:00 pm - Cara's Open House at Amos Elem. - Talk to all the teachers & librarian - They love her :)
6:25 pm - Bryan flew to Utah for our niece, Ashley's, wedding this weekend - thank goodness Brandon dropped him off at the airport! - Will come home Sun. afternoon
7:30 pm - Visit Teach Debi - arrive on time this time...
8:30 pm - Take children home - put to bed - they beg to sleep with me since Daddy's out of town - cave in to the request - immediately regret decision
9:00 pm 'til 3 am-ish (not to be confused with Amish) - Jordyn repeatedly kicks me in the back - I hear every creak and groan of the house - get up and look around with my trusty bat in hand - dog wakes up and follows me around - put dog out 3 different times - finally left her outside close to 2 am...
6:30 am - up again for a new day

I'm pretty sure I really over did it. Days like that never used to bother me, in fact they were somewhat routine but now I'm totally wiped out by a day like yesterday. Today I was so tired I didn't even shower until 3:30 in the afternoon. I laid in my bed reading/dozing while Jordyn watched a movie or two. I know - lame... I also scoured the Internet trying to find a last minute fare that would get me to Utah in time for the wedding but had no luck. It would have been fun to just show up and surprise them all!

I dug deep and found enough energy to take the girls to see Horton Hears a Who tonight. We all really liked it! We also stopped at Kohl's and found Easter dresses for both Cara & Jordyn on the way home. One more thing to check off my list. :) They are both short-sleeve dresses so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good weather next weekend. It was 87 degrees today but Texas weather can change on a dime...

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hey busy lady. I love your blog! You are an awesome mom!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I've learned two things in my years of a half-empty king-sized bed...
1. It only SOUNDS like a good idea to have the kids sleep with you, in reality - this is a recipe for disaster and insomnia.
2. I sleep with two phones, a leatherman, a home alarm system and mace at my disposal. (Seriously) But I've finally come to the conclusion after many, MANY sleepless nights that if "they're" out to get me, they're going to get me anyway. That's not to say that I don't resort to Tylenol PM occassionally.
And I totally understand the "next day" wipe-out!!

The Dragonfly said...

So I think we'll go see Horton Hears a Who for our big Spring Break outing - lame, I know, but it's what I've got! Have a great trip to the Lake.

Sue said...

OK, I'm outing Lori Gerlach. She's totally been stalking your blog and all the Carlsons, too. We talked on the phone yesterday and she's the one who told me about your rheumatoid arthritis. Apparently I missed the post about that.

I'd like to hear more (and maybe you've already done this and I just need to check the archives) about the details of your condition (when you were diagnosed, does it run in the family, does it interfere with "life as usual", etc.)

Shar, I thought for sure you were going to include a 9mm in the list...