1.13.2009

Seriously.

It seems like every time a look at Cara lately she's got a different book in her hands.

"That's just my personality, Mom."

I can balance two books at the same time but she's got FIVE going on right now... As Jordyn likes to say, "Wha?"
First there was this one. She's reading the unabridged version (of course)...

Next, there was this one... I've been trying to get her to read the Percy Jackson series for a long time but she didn't pick it up until her friend at school suggested it... Go figure...

Then there's this one... gotta love Eragon. The movie didn't do this book justice. Do they ever?

And this one she read aloud at least three times after her first initial reading. Once to me on the drive home, once to Jordyn before bed, and once to Darby when Suzy's kids came over to play...
And, finally, some light reading... "My second grade teacher started to read this to us but never finished. I just needed to find out how the story ended."


She just flip-flops back and forth between books depending on her mood like it's nothing... hmm...

10 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

My son does the same thing. He has a little perch by his bed and it's always amusing to me what he's got stacked up there. I always ask him if he plans on finishing his books - and I guess he always does. But then, I do the same thing although my books are spread all through the house. I guess it's genetic.

The Dragonfly said...

When I was in sixth grade I shut myself into our walk in pantry with a flashlight to read the unabridged Little Women during my parents huge 100 guest Christmas party. I would rather read than socialize and eat tasty food.

Chris is just finishing up Brisingr from the Eragon series. He also read Lightning Thief. I have a recommend for Cara from Chris - and she'll be done with it in two days: The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. Excellent book! I loved it! Chris loved it. Don't be overwhelmed by the thickness - it has a lot of pencil drawings in it.

Love you HB!

Gwen said...

Whoa! Cara is currently reading more books than I have read since I graduated college!! Good for her. Gooooo Cara!!!

Tobi said...

Good for you Cara. Although I don't how you keep them all straight. I can really only read two books at a time. Any more than that makes my head spin!

P.S. I LOVE LITTLE WOMEN!

b - boyer said...

Should I say you should post a picture of your "Bedside". I think I can pinpoint where it comes from. :)

Ashley said...

She is one amazing girl. She is such a great kid. Millionaires are known to be big readers.:) We love you Cara!

Amanda said...

Holy Cow! Miss Cara amazes me every time I hear about her or see her!

Hil said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Chris (& mom!). We have similar taste, it seems. Both Cara & I read Hugo Cabret last year and we loved it too!
:)

Rebecca said...

That would drive me insane! I can't put my book down once I pick it up. The ability to be able to balance that many characters and story lines must be a sign of major intelligence!

Courtney said...

Wow, way to be Kara!