8.26.2008

First Day of 5th grade

So, here she is.

The day finally came and went. I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that she's in fifth grade... All these years I've taught fifth grade and now she's one of my students. That's odd too. But good. We'll see how I feel about it in a month - but for now, it's good. I'm so tired right now (gotta get used to that work schedule again...) that I only have time to post a few pics. Below is a fun and unexpected surprise from the Popcorn Factory that was delived to the school on Monday from the sweetest hubby in the world. I'll try not to eat it all the first week... kidding... maybe...Yummy popcorn, peanuts, chocolate coated pretzels, Jelly Bellys, chocolate chip cookies, and fudge cups. And to think I was going to start my diet soon... hmm... maybe next week! :) Thanks, hon.




7 comments:

Erin said...

Yay I'm glad you posted. Awesome treats from the Popcorn Factory. I'm glad to hear that as is well and that the first couple of days were great.

Lisa M said...

Wow 5th grade already. Is she really in your class or just could be.

Tobi said...

Oh what a sweet hubby you've got! I'm glad he sent you a nice treat at work.

Fifth grade? Oh my goodness they grow up way too fast don't they?

Thanks for posting again.

dev said...

way to go hubby!! nothing gets you in better spirits like some really good treats... that you don't have to share with others! :)

Amanda said...

Those look like really yummy treats, I am jealous. Tell uncle Bryan good job!

Lynne said...

Hey, Hilary - It's Lynne. So Monday night I was making dinner and the thought came to my mind, "Gee, I wonder if Hilary has a blog." So I googled you and there you were. I was so happy to find you. I stayed up half the night, seriously, reading your blog and I feel like I know you're whole family. Y'all are so cute. Your fifth grader - so adorable, she looks like you spit her out. So, sorry for stalking you. Drop me a line...I'd love to talk. Oh, yeah, congrats on the new job. I, too, would love for you to be my child's teacher.
lynnebenham@yahoo.com

Courtney said...

Nice treats from Bryan! What a great hubby. I miss you!