10.13.2008

The Orange Folder

This calendar is in Jordyn's orange folder. It's a way for her Pre-K teacher, Mrs. Mathis, to communicate with me about Jordy's behavior every day at school.

She made it through all of September with green smiley faces. But because I know Jordyn so well, I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop and, as you can tell, it seems it has.


Her first yellow face, on the 3rd was for being "disruptive at group time - out of seat being a dog." Sorry, but that cracks me up. It's very Jordyn-like.

The other, on the 8th, was a green face until at the end of the day it was crossed out and became yellow. This time Mrs. Mathis needed more room and wrote her note on the back that says, "playing with friends around her 'spanking' them. I asked her to stop, settle down & pay attention but a minute later she slapped Drew really hard on the bottom." We had to have the 'it's never okay to hit your friends' talk...

Jordyn is a ray of sunshine. I don't want to squash her personality or try to get her to fit into Cara's mold (although that would be a lot easier for me...) but trying to get her to understand that there are better times to pretend to be a dog - say, at the "home living" center - is difficult. She is very stubborn and head-strong (I haven't a clue who she gets that from...) and she does not handle being disciplined well.

It's a good thing she's so cute because it's pretty darn hard to be upset for long at this face.

10 comments:

Lisa M said...

Too funny! I can't wait for Myla to go to school and see what her teacher would say. I love the one about being a dog and spanking your friends,...to cute.

Mandie said...

LOL!! I do miss that kid!!

Erin said...

I love me some Jordyn Boyer!

Amanda said...

Jordyn is always pretending to be a dog...Whats the big deal? haha I can totally picture her doing it!

dev said...

yes... it would be hard to be mad at such a cute little bug...

Suzy J said...

Try clapping at her really loud! Or spike her juice cup with what her old babysitter did. No need to squash anyone's spirit just add a little spirit to the juice! Works every time! I LOVE HER!

Tobi said...

How cute that she just had to get out of her chair to pretend to be a puppy!!

I'm lovin me all this new blogging activity!!

b - boyer said...

Enablers!
And you know who you are.

Ashley said...

Hahahaha Joe and I really had a good laugh at this post. We love it. By the way nothing is official but I'd thought I'd mention. Currently a junior college in TX is ranked #1 in the nation. If both them and us stay undefeated we will be playing them in the national championship. And TX will be hosting bc we lost it lost it here last year. I'm not sure what the school is but I'll have to find out and let you know. Hopefully its close to you guys and they keep winning!!(hope you made sense of that)

Beckie Boyer Walker said...

Well all I have to say is that I wish I could see her more. She is a blast to be with. I guess that comes from great parent and amazing older sister.
Miss ya!