8.30.2009

Pre-K Graduation


Yes, I know I just posted that Jordyn started Kindergarten last week but this is another "catch-up" post that I just couldn't skip.

She attended Hurst Hills Core Knowledge Pre-K program and learned all kinds of new things! She learned many, many new songs and poems. Her social skills improved dramatically. She can count to 100 and recognize all the letters and sounds. I could go on and on... This Pre-K program was different in that it was tuition-based ($600/month - ouch!) but it came right out of my check so I didn't really miss it AND when summer came and they stopped deducting the money it was like a huge raise. :) Besides I would have spent pretty close to the same for daycare anyway, right? It was also a full-day Pre-K with after-school care until I could pick her up at the end of my day.

Her Pre-K graduation was super cute! They walked in to "Pomp and Circumstance" wearing these card stock caps. This picture fully captures Jordyn's bubbly personality!
The children sang three songs that all had motions and hand gestures. I REALLY wish I could figure out how to post video because it was seriously precious. They sang "Each of us is a Flower", "The Three Little Pigs", and, one that I sang way back in my elementary days, "The World is a Rainbow". Here she is in her flower hat.
Being a good mom, I sent Jordyn to school wearing shorts under her dress. The kids were up on the stage for their performance so you could see Jordyn's shorts every time she raised her arms and even sometimes when her hands were down. Oops! We were probably the only ones who noticed though... :)

This is her teacher, Mrs. Mathis. She just adored Jordy. The principal at Hurst Hills, Mrs. Gallian, passed away last year from cancer. On the day of her passing, Mrs. Mathis told me that she was very upset about it and during nap time Jordyn crawled up on her lap in the rocking chair and she just rocked and rocked her crying silently. Jordyn can sense when people need a love and she was able to comfort her teacher. I love that about her.
Mrs. King, the Pre-K assistant.
Proud parents!
I checked Cara out from school to come watch the program too. One of the great perks to having your mom as your teacher! Congratulations Jordyn on a job well done!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

I love her. She is a rock star. So cute.

Gwen said...

It sounds like it was a great day! It's good to hear that Jordyn did well in pre-k.

You know how you add pics to your blog...to add a video, click on the video icon next to the picture icon. No matter how long or short the video is, it takes FOREVER to load. Be prepared to wait. However, the shorter the video, the faster it loads. Good luck!

Hil said...

Thanks, Gwen. ;) The part I can't figure out is getting the video off my camera onto my computer. I'm sure it came with some cord that I can't find now...